Nahi Jnanena Sadrusham” -There is nothing powerful than knowledge
“Explore the Universe of knowledge and bring together the knowledge commons for social development”
- By facilitating the need based information, the library aims to motivate the readers to come up in their life with better citizens of the society.
- Following Dr. S R Ranganathan’s principles for supporting quality library services & management.
- Cultivating the skills of reading habits and creating an awareness regarding career choice opportunities.
- To make a better atmosphere of learning experiences to inculcate discipline, responsibility towards the society.
- Letting to know the importance of library to the readers by displaying of information related to training programmes, scholarships, employment & career guidance, Higher education & fellowships.
- To stimulate the students by providing the need based information cultivating the reading habits.
The Library “Jnanadhaare” has established along with the college on 24th June 2006 at a old building at Vidyabhavan campus near SBI Main branch beside. To feed the knowledge to the needy. The library has started giving the service to 64 students in the beginning; the Strength has come up to 1800 at present.
In the beginning only 2-3 news papers & limited Books were available in the library but as & when the govt. has sanctioned the budgets to the library for the procurement of books & other reading materials now the total books collection has reached 20,163.
10.30 TO 5.30 Monday to Friday
10.30 to 3.00 Saturday (Closed on All Govt. holidays)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Who can make use of gfgcd library?
Ans : Anyone who have admitted to this college, irrespective of course, and combination, and all faculty permanent & guest.
- What are the documents needed for library membership?
Ans: Aadhar card Xerox/ Ration card/ Voter Identity with Photo/ Bank Passbook any one of these. Plus admission challen of the college in case of students, HOD consent letter for lecturers.
- How many books can be issued per user?
Ans: Minimum 2-3 books for every student, Faculty as per their subject taught min 4, for SC ST/ Meritorious, and Physically Challenged Students-A Set of books for whole semester.
- When can I return the books of the Library?
Ans: Books once issued to the students, they have to return the books after completion of the semester examinations without fail.
- After returning the books to the library get NOC?
Ans: The dept. of Library will issue the No Dues Certificate to the students who have completely return the books so that students can easily get the Marks Cards, Study Certificates, and Service Certificates etc.
- What other facilties library provides?
Ans: Library provides maximum facility as essentially students are in a need. Reference service, books lending, career guidance, Referral service, Xerox facility for official purposes only.
- What covers in Periodicals service?
Ans: General magazines, News papers of Kannada and English Languages, Research journals of various subjects available in college etc. Employment news in Kannada and English.
- Does Library provide previous year question papers?
Ans: Library facilitates the previous year question papers of BA., B.Com., B.Sc., and BBA courses. It is also available in the college website: www.gfgcdwd.in
- Do I get an award if I score more marks by making use of library resources?
Ans: Yes sure, the college library is having an intension to motivate the readers for higher studies, research and career prospects. Every year on the eve of Dr. S R Ranganathan’s Birthday on 12 of August, Best Readers will be awarded.
- Do I get more books if I need?
Ans : Yes based on the availability of the books, library will issue max books to the students for their semester examination. Along with the reference books.
- Do I get membership in the 2nd or 3rd year of my degree, If I have not registered in the first year?
Ans: The students can borrow the books from library any time, but depends on the availability of the books only.
- Does the library provide an orientation for the new entrants or a new user?
Ans: Library organizes the orientation or induction program in the beginning of the semester, or while issuing of library books of every course.
- What is OPAC and INFLIBNET?
Ans: OPAC=Online Public Access Catalogue, it is used for searching the required books available in the library, and INFLIBNET is Information for Library Networks.
This is UGC sponsored free access to thousands of research related online journals available free of cost. This facility can be accessed through login id and password.
- Book bank facility for SC/ST students.
- Special Book Bank facility for meritorious students, visually or physically challenged students.
- Reference service
- Internet / career guidance / job placements/ personality development
- Xerox facility for official purposes.
- Newspapers and periodical services
- Research journals
- Syllabus / prospectus
- User orientation services
Students can get the previous Year Question Papers through the College website or from library directly. Website: http://gfgcdwd.in/library/
LIBRARY ADVISORY COMMITTEE:
The college has formed a library committee to smooth and effective services of the library. The committee consists of principal, Librarian, all HOD’s and student’s representatives with office superintendent. Committee meeting will be held as and when the grant released by the govt. for the procurement process, students grievances and facilitating the needs of users.
- Kpsc.kar.nic.in (Karnataka Public Service Commission, Bangalore)
- upsc.gov.in (Union Public Service Commission, Delhi)
Total books-20, 163, including Reference books -1500, donated books-276
RBI reports -17, Charts -31, CD-15, General Magazines-12,
Commerce, Physics, Economics, Tourism, Sports Science, Encyclopedia Britannica, Computer Science, History, Political Science, Mathematics etc.
SUBSCRIBED RESEARCH JOURNALS:
Library is subscribing total 25 research journals for supporting of research and learning activities of the college for the academic Year 2016-17.
NEWS PAPERS & MAGAZINES:
A total of 10 Daily News papers of Kannada and English, students editions are subscribed for the benefit of readers. Library also subscribes nearly 12 general magazines as well.
READERS AWARDS & RECOGNITION:
To motivate and support the readers, library every year honours the students of all streams of BA, B.Com, and BBA & B.Sc on the occasion of The Father of Library Movement in India Padmashri. Dr. S R Ranganathan’s Birthday celebration i.e Librarians Day & Best Readers Award Programme. The Nominations are purely on the Merit Basis and overall performance of the students.
SPECIAL LECTURE PROGRAMS:
The Dept. of Library organizes special lecture series programme for the benefit of the students, readers about the career opportunities in Library science, Personality development, Law awareness, Time Management, Competitive examination related.
Book exhibitions will be organized at the time of National Library Week 14th to 21st November every year.
LIBRARY RULES & REGULATIONS:
The Library is primarily meant for bonafide students and faculty members of the college. The outsiders from other university/ institution may be allowed only with the written prior permission of the Librarian and a Principal for a limited period. They shall, however, have to consult the documents within the premises of the library.
- Readers and visitors are requested not to bring their belongings in the library.
- Users are requested to return the books/documents after reference.
- No document issued brought to the library unless for returning.
- Photocopying of resources shall be allowed for the documents available in Library.
- Users are responsible for complying with copyright act while photocopying library documents.
- Improper use of library facilities by a member will lead to the suspension/termination of his/ her membership.
- Silence and strict discipline should be maintained in the library by all users.
- Every one shall ensure that no reader should feel disturbed in their study by any act of his/her.
- Smoking and use of mobile phones are strictly prohibited inside library premises.
- Use of eatables in the Library is strictly prohibited. Utmost care shall be taken by all to keep the library clean.
- The library rules and regulations shall be modified from time to time and shall be binding on all concerned
Students can launch their feedback online or offline or any suggestions for the better services of library.
Dr. Manjunath G L – Librarian: View profile
Ms. Roopa Yarihakkal- Asst.
Library / librarian/ reading / students/ study/ Books / research
- “What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of a human being, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful and to remove the wrongs of injured…” -Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam
- “If you pick the right people and give them the opportunity to spread their wings and put compensation as a carrier behind it—you almost don’t have to manage them – Jack Welch
- “Make your top managers rich and they will make you rich.”
-Robert H. Johnson
- “Thinking is progress. Non-thinking is stagnation of the individual, organization and the country. Thinking leads to action. Knowledge without action is useless and irrelevant. Knowledge with action, converts adversity into prosperity.” Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam
- “Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.”
- “Surround yourself with the best people you can find, delegate authority, and don’t interfere as long as the policy you’ve decided upon is being carried out.”
- “When you speak, speak the truth; perform when you promise; discharge your trust… Withhold your hands from striking, and from taking that which is unlawful and bad…” -Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam
- “Management is efficiency in climbing the ladder of success; leadership determines whether the ladder is leaning against the right wall.”
-Stephen R. Covey
- “Thinking should become your capital asset, no matter whatever ups and downs you come across in your life.” -Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam
- Good books are the best friends today and forever.
- Good books are the lifeblood of human spirit.
- On action alone be thy interest, never on its fruits; let not the fruits of action be thy motive, nor be thy attachment to inaction- Bhagavadgeetha
- The first and the best victory is to conquer self- Plato
- No man is good enough to govern another man without that other’s consent – Abraham Lincoln
- The future depends on what we do today – M K Gandhi
- The talent of success is nothing more than doing what you can do- H W Longfellow.
- Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress. M K Gandhi
- Our greatest glory is not in never falling but is rising every time we fall. –Confucius
- To climb steep hills requires a slow place at first- Shakespeare.
- Try not to become a man of success but a man of value- Albert Einstein
- We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence therefore, is not an act but a habit- Aristotle
- Nothing will be ever attempted if all possible objections must be overcome- Samuel Johnson
CAREER GUIDANCE AND INFORMATION BUREAU:
Library regularly displays on the library Notice Board related to the Job alerts, personality development related information, Scholarships watch, free trainings and sponsored coaching which has been appeared in the Udyogavarte and Employment news
TOURIST PLACES TO VISIT:
- Ulavi, Dandeli, Anashi Tiger safari, Ambikanagar.
Click on the link: www.inflibnet.ac.in
Dr. Manjunath G L Librarian (Click Here for CV)
8050489167 or [email protected]